Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Tenderness of Spirit...(The Cream of Heaven:) ) ...and the joy of being sequestered

"Wednesday is Indigo Blue"..........That is the title of a new book I am getting ready to read."Discovering the world of synesthesia.
A person with synesthesia might feel the flavor of food on their fingertips..sense the letter J as shimmering magenta or the number 5 as emerald green. A woman might hear and taste her husband's voice as buttery golden brown.(that's what I'm talkin about...:)) Synesthetes rarely talk about their peculiar sensory gift. Synesthesia occurs in one in twenty people and is more common among artists. I am very interested in this because I believe I experience this sometimes...especially with music I can see colors sometimes. This is going to be a very fascinating read. And I guess now is the time to do it. I must confess I have been experiencing some frustration for the past few days in that there are things I would like to do and I haven't been able to get done.This time is so precious to me right now, not having a job and all, so I am very conscious of the gift it is in some ways, and feeling very responsible for things to be accomplished while I have the time to do it in others, but God is showing me some things for sure!!...On Sunday I started having some discomfort in my left ear. I have had to deal with some inner ear issues since I was a little girl from an illness...haven't had any problems with it for a long while but here I am having to stay down..somehow I have gotten an inner ear infection and fluid building up in my left ear. The doctor has given me some strict orders and one of them is to relax and stay down for a couple days...ooooh why is this sooo hard? I am not very good at practicing patience right now, I am totally confessing this.... and I can clearly see.. I want to "control" some of this time. Time to "let go and let God" for sure! the thing about me is when I "get it" I really "get it" it might take a minute but when I get it I get it!.... so I am going to go with the flow and get the understanding of "waiting on god "let patience have her perfect work that you may be perfect and complete and lacking in nothing" James 1:4 Because even though I feel like I need to know what to do right now and what about a job?.... and oh my gosh!!! a zilllion other questions...what about music ...my life,what about this Lord and what about that?!!....gee I want the answers now!!!!:) All of them!! OK ..baby girl.. slow down and "be anxious for nothing!" Jeremiah 29:11 says" For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for calamity...to give you a future and a hope!."
That is so true and so beautiful. So basiclly I need to cool my jets right now...take a chill pill!!:) Let go and Let God...and I am going to do just that...so today it is jammy day on the sofa, fire in the fireplace, lots of green tea,listening to music, and reading about synesthesia! The book says that Billy Joel has this. Interesting ...this is something beautiful I just read in "Springs in the Valley" book....Tenderness of spirit cannot be borrowed or put on for special occasions: it is emphatically supernatural and must flow out incessantly from the interior fountain of the "Christ-life".It is an exquisitely interior fountain of God's own sweetness and tenderness of nature, opened up in the inner spirit to such a degree that it completely inundates the soul overflowing all the mental faculties, and saturating with its sweet waters, the manners, expressions, words, and tones of the voice; mellowing the will, softening the judgement, melting the affections, refining the manners, and moulding the whole being after the image of Him who was infinitely meek and lowly in heart. Oh my gosh !!...I love this statement...listen to this... what beautiful verbage...It is possible to be "religious" (haha) yuk yuk:o...perfect in all Christian duties, to be a brave defender and preacher of holiness, blameless in outward life, and good works and yet be greatly lacking in tenderness of spirit....that all subduing, all melting love...which is the very cream and quintessence of Heaven, and which incessantly streamed out from the voice and eyes of Jesus." Wow....."the very cream and quintessence of heaven"...what a phrase...wow...the voice and the eyes...my prayer today is that tenderness of spirit...all melting love,the cream of heaven, would come out to others through my voice and eyes. Please do that for me Lord. Amen! That is one of my new prayers forever now! Help me with fear about singing Lord....and whenever I do sing, or speak with someone Lord .........please let the very cream and quintessence of heaven flow out of my voice and eyes from you... to people.......Gee if I had not been sequestered to this sofa today I may not have ever read this...God knows what he is allowing..... and what He is doing....
I have nothing further to say your honor....haha:)

No comments: